Terms and Conditions
Now for the important bit!
(This is still under review - we want to make sure we get it right - so, any questions, please do email us.)
1. When your order is placed with us, a non-refundable deposit of 10% of the total will be due - this covers Nick and Tom’s design input - and, they quite fastidious about design, so it’s a good thing. Sometimes, design fees exceed the 10%, which is no problem when we’re seeing the project through - we want it to be totally right. However, if we are not, additional design fees will be invoiced accordingly.
2. If we are providing you with a fitting service, your penultimate balance payable is less the fitting fee. Once you have signed our fitting completion form, the final payment will then be payable.
3. It won’t be until all items are paid for in full, that these then become yours, and – will remain property of Collins Bespoke until then.
4. We happily accepts bank transfers, credit/debit cards and cheques – made payable to ….
5. It’s worth remembering that many different factors can have an effect on creating and delivery. Therefore, it’s always best to treat our estimates for delivery as approximates. Of course, we do everything we possibly can to ensure a smooth and quick delivery, however, we cannot be held responsible for any delays.
6. Your delivery/installation day is an exciting one. However, if you are not in a position to take the delivery, this may incur a charge for intermediate storage at the rate of £200 (excluding VAT) per day.
7. We understand that things can and do change. However, if the agreed fitting date is cancelled with less than 14 days’ notice, we may need to cover reasonable costs and reserve the right to charge up to £500 (excluding VAT) to help cover this.
8. We’re sure you know this one – but – do bare in mind, unless surveyed by a member of our team, it will be your responsibility to ensure the design agreed will fit into the space allowed.
9. Following on from 8. – it will also be down to you to check ceiling heights and doorway sizes.
10. We know this is a big deal. So, whilst we go to every effort to ensure your final estimate, before payment, is exactly right - it will be your responsibility, as our customer, to check all items stated in the estimate are correct before installation.
11. We consider ourselves to be spot on when it comes to recommending the perfect appliances for you. We ensure the products that we recommend will fit perfectly into your bespoke cabinets, however, cannot guarantee that all brands of appliances will be compatible.
12. Whilst we have a fabulous fitting team, some customers prefer to use their own fitter. If you are using your own fitter and your contract states “supply only”, please do remember that this does not extend, in any way, to the fitting of cabinets.
13. Our fitting includes fit only of all specified Collins Bespoke cabinetry and mouldings, as per the final design.
14. Please do make sure that all plumbing and electric connections, to suit the new design, are undertaken before our team are ready to install.
15. We love our worktops and your quotation will include the supply, template and fit – including sink & tap cut-outs, drainer grooves and upstands – where required.
16. We are totally bespoke. Everything is handmade and crafted with care. Baring that in mind, each cabinet may show a slight difference.
17. It’s true, our kitchens are beautiful. And, because we use natural solid wood they may display different variations of wood grains, colour inherent, movement and knots.
18. Our cabinets are spray painted to perfection. However, in some circumstances there may be a very sight colour variation between cabinets.
19. We love using natural wood – if you hadn’t already guessed. However, factors such as climate change may cause swelling on doors and drawers – and that’s totally normal - tending to settle soon after. All adjustment call outs are covered for free in the first six months after installation. Do make us the first call if you’ve a worry about your kitchen.